UWCSEA Jobs 2017: Team Leader – Building Technical Services – Dover Campus
UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a not-for-profit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world.
UWCSEA is now seeking an exceptional individual to join us as:
Team Leader – Building Technical Services – Dover Campus
The position is responsible for the planning, management and operation of the technical building services of the campus – ACMV, Fire Protection of preventive and corrective maintenance programmes for all technical facilities in the Dover Campus. The role requires supervision for a team of technicians, electricians and tradesmen in the day-to-day maintenance tasks of the Campus. The position actively ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with safety and environment regulations.
- Responsible for the planning, management and operation of the technical building services of the campus – ACMV, Fire Protection of preventive and corrective maintenance programmes for all technical facilities in the Dover Campus.
- Supervise a team of technicians, electricians and tradesmen in the day-to-day maintenance tasks of the Campus.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with safety and environment regulations
- Liaise with internal department heads on maintenance requirements and meeting their needs
- Manage external vendors and contractors on on-site maintenance works and their contracts
- Defects management and rectification
- Conduct technical training
- SOPs/KPIs Administration
- Co-ordinate maintenance & project works with vendors and relevant authorities.
- Coordinate with vendors to achieve overall project objectives.
- Ensure the projects are delivered within the budget, on time and safely.
- Executing the project in the areas of development and implementation.
- Prepare cost estimates and detailed project schedule, organize, implement and commission all assigned projects.
- Provide technical support to tender department, if the job requires tender.
- Investigating maintenance problems and ensure appropriate rectification.
- Coordinate and follow up with supplier’s vendors on maintenance and delivery schedules.
- Ensure maintenance and project works are carried out in full compliance with regulatory and safety requirements.
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems and operation.
- Conduct feasibility studies and implementing requirements.
- Monitoring quality standards and implementing corrective actions.
- Liaise with internal departments for prompt delivery of works.
- Issuing timely purchase orders, invoices and actively corresponding with the clients and vendors.
- Ensure that all fire protection equipment are properly maintained.
- Conduct feasibility studies and implementing requirements in the area of energy and water conservation.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in M&E and people supervisory experience.
- Specialises in building and project management works and systems such as air conditioning, fire protection, vertical transport, automation and plumbing.
- Diploma in Building Services or other relevant qualifications
- Must be hands on and possesses strong organisational and problems solving skills
- Good interpersonal and and communications skills.
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by Saturday, 12 August 2017.