UWCSEA Jobs 2017: Safety & Security Supervisor – Dover Campus
UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a notforprofit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world.
UWCSEA is now seeking an exceptional individual to join us as:
Safety & Security Supervisor – Dover Campus
This is a highly visible position, responsible for leading an integrated safety and security operations program across the East campus and would be reporting to the HOD Facilities. The position helps to support a safe and secure environment for all students, faculty, staffs, visitors, vendors, property and institutional resources of UWCSEA. The successful incumbent would ensure that the department plays a critical role in emergency preparedness and response, develops and implements policies for the department and represents the college and the department to the School community, general public and external agencies. Manages direct safety, security, traffic operations during the school day and during special events, provides direction and guidance to security officers. Maintains a high level of visibility to the community during the school day and during other peak times.
- Designs, implements, and manages all facets of the daily operations of the department which supports and responds to the safety and security needs of the UWCSEA community,
- Ensures compliance with the policies, regulations and laws of the Singapore.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures consistent with those of the School to ensure effective, efficient and safe operation of the department.
- Strategies department goals and objectives; interpret and advise staff of policies and procedures
- Manages the annual budget planning process and regularly monitor expenditures
- Develop and maintain security and safety master plan for the campus
- Select, train, develop and evaluate contracted security guards in various areas of security and safety as required
- Monitor and assess best practices and benchmark performance against industry standards.
- Set the standard for ethical behavior, principled decisionmaking, and professional conduct
- Develop and maintain liaisons with internal and external constituents (Civil Defence, Local Police, Embassies, etc.) to plan for and respond to safety and security threats
- Analyze crime trends, patterns, behaviors and incident reports; develop programs and initiatives to offset the trends
- Overseaa and handle investigations of incidents of crime against persons, vehicles and property
- Maintain crime and H+S statistics for the UWCSEA community and communicate relevant crime prevention information to ensure awareness.
- Provide leadership, collaboration and coordination of crisis and emergency planning
- Communicates and responds to activities for UWCSEA, including, plan development and maintenance, communication, response, recovery and continuous improvement activities.
A. Develop, update and maintain emergency preparedness plans, including Crisis and Emergency Response Manual
B. Build and promote a culture that effectively responds to emergencies; collaborate with internal and external constituents to plan for and respond to incidents
C. Establish and organise a regular schedule and drills during the school year (eg: fire lockdown etc)
- Manage, assign and direct security, traffic, parking and transportation operations for daily operations and special events.
- Collaborate with HOD Facilities,coordinate staffing contingency plans and different security levels to support different events hosted in the college
- Provide strategic direction on broad functional technology initiatives that support security operations; partner with internal resources and external vendors to ensure management and maintenance of integrated systems.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure infrastructure is properly maintained and coordinate training that support systems.
- Partner with vendors to maintain the access control systems, lightning alarms, panic alarms, emergency announcement system, electronically managed security guard tour and school bell system.
- Actively participate in developing and maintaining the college duty manager system
- Manage policy and procedure for issuance and sign out of building keys, access and ID badges (regular staff, parents, visitors), vehicle keys and parking passes
- Develop, maintain and train related Security SOPs
- In conjunction with the HOD Facilities and College Health and Safety Manager design, participate in and track safety inspections.
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited university or college and/or combination of experience training in the field of Safety and Security
- Candidates with Professional Certificates with more than 10 years of experience will be considered as well
- Existing security guard licence or the ability to gain such a licence (This is a prerequisite)
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in law enforcement, military security
- Minimum 5 years or more in supervisory role, experience managing projects, schedules, budgets, and resources
- Strong knowledge of technology trends and applications in security operations, especially in campus settings; familiarity of access control systems and CCTV and emergency notification systems.
- Intermediate or superior proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Gmail and Google platforms
- Ability to secure and maintain emergency response, CPR and First Aid training
- Portrays good interpersonal and people management skills
- Able to communicate well and clearly with colleagues, customers, internal and external parties in both written and spoken form.
- Excellent written and spoken English, local languages a benefit.
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by Saturday, 12 August 2017.