UWCSEA Jobs 2017: College Health and Safety and Risk Manager – Dual Campus
UWC South East Asia is member of the UWC movement and a K-12 international school in Singapore. The school provides a challenging, holistic education to more than 5,500 students based across two campuses. Founded in 1971, UWCSEA is a not-for-profit school and is widely regarded as one of the leading international schools in the world.
UWCSEA is now seeking an exceptional individual to join us as:
College Health and Safety and Risk Manager – Dual Campus
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Facilities, the high profile position is key to ensuring excellent governance and a continuing journey as a proactively safe environment for the whole college community both on and off site. The individual is expected to have a clear systems focused approach and be able to comfortable continually engage and influence the community and related partners, at all levels, with regards to Health, Safety and Risk.
The individual will be responsible for the review, development, implementation and monitoring of the College’s Health and Safety, Risk and crisis management systems, to ensure the safety of staff, students, visitors and contractors both on and off site, in line with current Health and Safety and associated legislations and of course best practice.
- Review, manage and develop all aspects of the College’s Health and Safety and risk related activities, and ensure that these are implemented consistently across the College.
- Implement and maintain health and safety procedures in line with prevailing legislation to ensure compliance and guide operational working practices to help instill a pragmatic health and safety culture in an educational setting.
- Develop systems, processes and software that support risk and H+S reporting requirements and give clear, concise and timely management information.
- Advise and monitor appropriate control and mitigation measures, motivating and influencing individuals to adopt them into general practice.
- Coordinate across the college to investigate and complete the accident and ‘near miss’ database and risk registers and prepare reports and notifications for related groups, using statistical and other analytical tools.
- Together with the Campus heads of Safety and Security provide independent oversight of evacuation procedures and emergency drills and conduct training programmes for members of the UWCSEA community in school safety practices including fire prevention, correct handling of equipment and materials, new staff induction and orientation and duty manager training
- Oversee and take ownership for the colleges crisis management policies and and emergency response procedures together with the campus leadership teams.
- Significant experience in a similar role with proven track record for formulating and implementing health and safety, risk management strategies and operating practices
- Experience of writing, maintaining and monitoring risk and H+S activities.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills gained within a quality assurance environment
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Self starter, individually motivated and driven, able to display initiative and pro-active approach to problem solving
- Able to influence and be credible at all levels of the college through excellent communication and a cooperative, team oriented personality.
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by Saturday, 12 August 2017.