URA Academy – Urban Redevelopment Authority Courses
Using Singapore as a case study, our courses on urban planning and management delve into the judicious and innovative land use planning system that facilitated Singapore’s development into a world-class, liveable and distinctive city.
Conducted by experienced URA planners and urban designers, the courses adopt a practitioner-focused and solution-oriented approach. In addition to lectures, course participants will visit areas such as Marina Bay, Singapore River and conservation districts to see their physical transformation. Active participation and interaction is a key element in these courses, and different ideas are often drawn out for discussion.
INTEGRATED LAND USE PLANNING
Integrated Land Use Planning
The Integrated Land Use Planning course is one of the professional development programmes which URA offers. This comprehensive course provides an in-depth understanding of the Singapore land use planning system and how it has been instrumental to the success of Singapore’s urban development over the last four decades. It adopts a practitioner-focused and solution-oriented approach, drawing largely from URA’s experience and case studies.
Held over four days, this intensive course identifies planning strategies to address a city’s needs. It covers a range of topics on urban planning, urban design and conservation, as well as the tools that Singapore uses to translate its plans into reality.
Modules will be conducted by experienced practitioners comprising Directors, Senior Architects/Planners from URA and the relevant agencies.
The course is held three times a year since 2009 and is attended by policy makers, government officials and professionals locally, and from countries such as Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Brunei, China, Vietnam, and Mauritius.
“Great insights into strategic planning and forward-looking considerations of creating a sustainable nation.”
– Keith Cheong, Head of Research and Analytics, Property Guru Pte. Ltd.
“Great Speakers and interesting content. I never knew so much planning went on behind the scenes.”
– Candice Lim, Manager, Strategy and Planning, Singapore Tourism Board
The course programme and duration can be tailored to suit the requirements of your organisation.
Customised courses can range from a half-day long training session to a two-week long programme.
We can also conduct our professional development courses overseas.
Course topics may cover:
- Long Term Strategic Planning: Key principles and strategies to develop a long-term and forward-looking plan
- Detailed Local Planning: Translating strategic plans to detailed master plans to guide development and using creative solutions to tackle urban issues
- Urban Design: How urban design can raise the quality of life, give a city character and make it distinctive
- Conservation: Retaining a sense of history and heritage, while creating a unique and endearing home
- Government Land Sales: A tool to facilitate the implementation of plans in close partnership with the private sector
- Development Control: Creating a quality environment through the use of guidelines to facilitate developments