Tan Sri (Dr) Tan Chin Tuan Scholarship
The Tan Sri (Dr) Tan Chin Tuan Scholarship was established to support deserving students pursuing a full-time SIT-conferred degree programme (including joint degree programmes) at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicable to students who are pursuing a full-time SIT-conferred degree programme (including joint degree programmes) offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Have achieved outstanding academic results as the Institute may in its sole discretion determine;
- Have good character record.
- Have made significant contributions beyond academic studies to the Institute or the community;
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of no more than $1,000.
Benefits and Obligation of Scholarship
- Each Scholarship, valued at $8,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Scholarship shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients are required to attend the Scholar’s Tea (Tête-à-Tête @ TCTF) held annually at the Tan Chin Tuan Mansion.
- Recipients of this Scholarship may accept other scholarship(s) concurrently.
About the Donor
The Scholarship is made possible by a gift from the Tan Chin Tuan Foundation, which aims to provide assistance to the deserving in the community and help those who help themselves. The Foundation strives to achieve optimal social outcomes that are measurable and sustainable, particularly in education and community development.
Application dates & instructions can be found here.