SMU Jobs 2017: Manager/Senior Manager, Centre for Teaching Excellence
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The ‘family-like’ atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Responsible for the educational research aspects of technology-enhanced learning (TEL) projects (namely, games, simulations, and learning objects and adaptive learning technologies):
- Work closely with CTE liaison officer for the TEL projects and seek inputs from faculty leads on educational research.
- Contribute to the development of surveys to measure the impact of technology innovation on learning, and is responsible for the implementation of surveys and collection of data.
- Conduct focus groups with faculty members and students, if required.
- Conduct statistical analyses of data on students learning and usage of resources.
- Assist the Assistant Director in supporting SMU’s pedagogy through the following:
- Conceptualise and run curriculum and lesson planning workshops that are informed by established instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Advise faculty members in ensuring constructive alignment of learning objectives, assessment and instructional strategies in their courses.
- Liaise with faculty members, and help them to scope their presentations for CTE events.
- Initiate new offerings (e.g. talks, workshops, elearning materials) for students based on principles of effective learning.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Recognised Master’s degree in Educational Psychology/ Learning Sciences and Technology / Education or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and experience in educational research methodologies, including the design/ use of relevant data collection instruments to monitor learning outcomes, evaluate effectiveness, and make adjustments to content/pedagogy.
- Proficient in using relevant statistical software (such as SPSS) and interpreting qualitative and quantitative findings for educational research.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience (e.g. conducting educational research, writing reports or publications). Experience at teaching at an institution of higher learning and developing course materials would be an advantage.
- Possesses good project management, resource management and people management skills.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills with a good command of both oral and written English.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task.
- A motivated, self-starter and team player who is resourceful and independent.