SCC Soccer Academy Singapore Programmes
Academy Developmental Program
Our Academy courses run throughout the year where players are taught the principles of soccer through a well-structured curriculum ensuring that they are prepared to graduate to each Academy level program.
A developmental program harnessing the following values, more commonly known as P.L.A.C.E
- People – The players, the staff, the club members and the parents. Everyone associated with the SCC Soccer Academy understands the role that they play within our (the) program.
- Location – SCC is the premier sports club in SE Asia and has first class facilities that support our aim to create an outstanding learning environment.
- Academy – All aspects of a player’s development are catered for: Technical, Tactical, Physical, Physiological, Mental and Social. The Academy provides a pathway route for all footballers from the age of six years to the adult competitive squads within the SCC.
- Character – The positive values instilled within the player’s are key to the success of the program that encompass fairplay, sportsmanship, respect to coaching staff, peers, officials and opponent’s.
- Excellence – Specialised performance related selection program that recruits potentially talented players to squads that compete versus professional academies within international tournaments throughout the Asian region and Europe in order to showcase talent of Singapore based players.
Academy Age Categories
3 – 5yrs: Players are introduced to the beautiful game of football with themed fun games that engage the children in a happy and positive environment. They will be exposed to individual skills and techniques without even knowing it.
6 – 7yrs: Players are introduced to the basic skills and techniques of the game. They will be taught individual skills and techniques in a fun and dynamic environment, which will provide them with the solid foundation that is required to progress to the next level.
8 – 12yrs: Players master the basic skills and techniques of the game. During this stage, they will commit themselves to the life of football as they develop within 1v1 to 9v9 situations.
13 – 16yrs: Whilst maintaining technical and skill development, the focus shifts towards ‘problem solving’ where players will have an understanding of one or more positions in the 11v11 game.
17 – 18: Winning becomes very important and players must learn the ways of real football in order to progress competitively through varying standards of football.
“The SCC is serious about its football and the development of its youth. Through the Junior Sport Membership Scheme, SCC ensures that the well-being of the its young players are taken care of, such that players can solely concentrate on improving and developing their skills. Being a beneficiary of this successful initiative, I have managed to grow from a youth player into a regular player in a team that has been regularly winning medals over the past 3 years. “ TAN CHUN HAO
Academy Excellence Program
- An advanced performance academy that recruits only players that has a high degree of potential footballing talent between the ages of 10 to 18 years.
- To develop a squad of elite players who can play at the highest level in this region and beyond.
- To be the leader in promoting and developing football within Singapore and the SE Asian region.
The program will replicate the standards set within professional clubs within Europe in order to develop the potential players to a level that can be compared to that of professional academy players.
The overall goal is to develop complete players who can understand the tactical principles of match play as well as understanding the positional roles within a team in order to provide opportunities to progress to professional club academies.
The content of the sessions will be structured, organized and delivered by qualified coaching staff and in addition directed and supervised by the Academy Manager, to retain the high standards of the coaching program.
As educators, our goal is to provide first class coaching instruction and opportunities to potential footballing talent in order to maximise their ability towards the professional tier of youth football.
The staff charged with the coaching instruction of the academy players comprises of ex professional and semi professional players who have been qualified accordingly with the UEFA and AFC organisations and have experienced working at English premier league academies to Australia, Scotland and Singapore club/centre of excellence programs.
The academy excellence program will be held at the centrally located sports facilities of the Singapore Cricket Club, the Padang and Dempsey fields. The sports facilities have the following amenities:
– Sheltered Seating
– Changing Room inc Showers & Toilets
– Groundsmen assistance
– Car park
The SCC Soccer Academy is delighted to announce the commencement of the Girls Program. Training will be led by Head Coach Adelina at the SCC Dempsey Fields. This program focuses on developing girls from ages 6 to 18 yrs with a coaching curriculum derived from Coerver Coaching.
Coerver Coaching is a methodology that is used to help players with their improvement in skills and technique, also to teach quicker decisions and movements within group play situations.