SAF MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
GAIN VALUABLE EXPOSURE
AND BE EQUIPPED TO MEET ANY CHALLENGE
The SAF Merit Scholarship equips you with a world-class education and exposes you to training that will develop your operational know-how and expertise relevant to the organisation. You will be trained to meet the challenges of the new security environment; to be a leader of leaders to lead and guide your men to fulfill the mission.
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents intending to take up citizenship
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level or International Baccalaureate results, Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
- Good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
- Strong leadership qualities
- Qualify for and excel in Officer Cadet School
- Possess a strong interest in a military career
- All MINDEF/SAF scholarships are open for application to both genders
VALUE OF AWARD
- Monthly salary for the duration of studies
- Full tuition fees and other approved academic charges
- Maintenance and other allowances, e.g. books, clothing, computer
- Return airfare
- One-time sponsorship for summer exchange programmes
- Sponsorship for up to 4 years of studies, inclusive of Master’s if applicable
COURSE OF STUDY
You can choose to pursue your studies in any of the following disciplines:
- Arts / Social Sciences
- Computer Science
- International Relations
- Life Sciences
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Political Science
- Science / Natural Sciences
*Applicants intending to pursue a degree in law should note that they will not be called to the Bar while serving in the SAF.
If you are pursuing your Master’s degree, you must complete your studies in 4 years.
You can choose your course of study with the exception of professional courses such as architecture, medicine, dentistry, etc.
Our scholars typically go to top and renowned universities in the UK or USA.
United States of America
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Yale University
- Imperial College, London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London
The above lists are not exhaustive. You may also apply if the universities you’re interested in are not listed, but applications are subject to approval.