SAF ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
BE GROOMED AS FUTURE LEADERS OF THE DEFENCE TECHNOLOGY COMMUNITY
The SAF Engineering Scholarship is for aspiring military engineers-to-be, who are ready to serve the nation and be groomed as leaders with specific deep specialisation in engineering. The scholarship equips with you with a world-class education and training to spearhead in-depth engineering studies, design and operationalise high-end technological capabilities for the SAF.
As military engineers, you will assume a range of challenging appointments in MINDEF/SAF. In addition, there will be opportunities to be rotated to the Defence Technology Community (e.g. Defence Science and Technology Agency [DSTA] and DSO National Laboratories) to augment the build-up of engineering expertise in the Defence-technology ecosystem.
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents intending to take up citizenship
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level results or International Baccalaureate results, Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
- Good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
- Possess strong interest in pursuing a military engineering career in the SAF
VALUE OF AWARD
- Full sponsorship e.g. tuition fees and other approved academic charges to pursue engineering studies in renowned overseas or local universities
- Departure for studies in the year of award
- Monthly salary and maintenance allowance (e.g. books, clothing, computer etc.) for the duration of studies
- 6 year bond
Our scholars typically go to top and renowned universities in the UK or USA.
United States of America
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Yale University
- Imperial College, London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London
The above lists are not exhaustive. You may also apply if the universities you’re interested in are not listed, but applications are subject to approval.