PwC Academy ACCA
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The ACCA is one of the largest and fastest growing global accountancy bodies. The ACCA qualification covers a broad range of subjects; Financial and Management Accounting, Law, Financial Management, Taxation, Governance and Business Analysis.
Our training programme
Click here to learn more about our Foundation in Accountancy Training Programme.
ACCA course structure
PwC’s Academy employs the latest teaching techniques that are proven to improve learning skills, increase enjoyment whilst you study and allow you to perform to the highest level even in the most challenging topics. Our tuition sessions are highly interactive and we encourage group discussion to help break down complicated concepts. Our tuition sessions are typically divided into 2 phases with a progress test at the end of each phase.
Focus Tuition – March sitting only
The Focus tuition has been introduced to help you study smart and get up to speed with your ACCA prep for the March sitting. Newly introduced in the Middle East, this course will help you prepare strategically for the examinable topics by reviewing key concepts, refreshing your knowledge and focusing on important topics that are likely to be tested in the exam. In addition, you will be taught exam techniques to give you the added advantage to pass the exam.
Our revision sessions are made up of 3 or 4 day blocks, mostly over the weekend. They focus heavily on a detailed analysis of the upcoming exams and guidance on how to approach each type of question. The sessions also include a detailed discussion on allocation of marks and understanding the examiner’s requirements.
Question Based Revision Day
Students are asked to solve questions under exam conditions. This is marked and returned to students with a complete debrief on the examiner’s expectations, model answers, and tips to pass the exam.
Getting a BSc in Applied Accounting
ACCA and Oxford Brookes University have worked together to develop a BSc (Hons) Degree in Applied Accounting, which is available exclusively to ACCA students who wish to obtain a degree while studying towards the ACCA qualification. PwC’s Academy provides mentoring sessions throughout the ACCA programme for students who wish to pursue the degree.
Why choose PwC’s Academy
- 12 subject matters as experts
- Comprehensive classes, revision, question based revision, mock exams and additional online resources.
- Internships and graduate programs at PwC
- Flexible study schedules
- One-to-one counselling sessions
- Memory techniques, exam confidence, employability training and more for the added advantage
- E-learning platform
- Early bird offer, group discounts and more*
PwC’s Academy Pass Protection ensures that in the event of failure on any paper, candidates will be able to attend the full course in the subsequent exam sitting at a 50% discount on tuition + revision + QBR published undiscounted individual prices, subject to candidates signing up for the full course. If the course materials have been updated, candidates will need to pay for the updated materials. The Pass Protection discount will only cover the failed paper tuition, revision and QBR.
To avail this discount, candidates must:
- attempt the exam at the next available sitting
- claim the re-sit course within one month of the results being published
- attend the re-sit course/class for the next available examination sitting
|Fundamental Levels||Professional Levels|
|F1. Accountant in business||P1. Governance, risk and ethics|
|F2. Management accounting||P2. Corporate reporting|
|F3. Financial accounting||P3. Business analysis|
|Skills module||Options (two to be completed)|
|F4. Corporate and business law||P4. Advanced financial management|
|F5. Performance management||P5. Advanced performance management|
|F6. Taxation||P6. Advanced taxation|
|F7. Financial reporting||P7. Advanced audit and assurance|
|F8. Audit and assurance|
|F9. Financial management|
- The knowledge module exams are computer based and can be taken at any time. For all other papers there are 4 examination sessions per year; one in June and another in March/June/September/December.
- The pass mark for all papers is 50%. Exams consist of a mixture of MCQ, computational and written questions
- Upon completing the knowledge module, you will be awarded the ACCA diploma in accounting and business
- The advanced diploma in accounting and business is awarded upon completion of the skills modules.
- At this point you are eligible to study for the Oxford Brookes bachelor’s degree in applied accounting.
- You will be eligible for ACCA membership upon completion of the professional level exams which are equivalent, in the level of ability demonstrated, to a master’s degree and after 36 months of Practical Experience Requirements (PER).
- Two A-levels and three GCSEs (or their equivalent)
- These need to be in five separate subjects including English and Maths
If you don’t meet the minimum entry requirements you can still join ACCA to study accounting as a student, but you will need to start your studies with the foundation levels F1, F2 and F3 – Foundations in Accountancy (FIA).
The pace at which you study for your ACCA is very flexible.
Full time students typically complete their studies in 1.5– 2 years and part time students in 3-3.5 years. However this will be dependent in part on the number of exemptions awarded if you already hold a bachelor’s degree. For more information about ACCA, please visit www.accaglobal.com
About ACCA Global
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. They aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
To learn more about the qualification please visit: www.accaglobal.com/middle-east/en.html