NUS Application for 2017/ 2028 Academic year
Application for Academic Year 2017-2018 will commence on 14 October 2016.
Please note the application closing date for the various qualifications as follows:
|Qualification Type||Application Closing Dates||Documents Submission Deadline|
|Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)/Ebtanas||25 December 2016, Sunday||28 December 2016, Wednesday|
|Vietnam National High School Graduation ExaminationUnified Examination Certificate (UEC)||1 January 2017, Sunday||4 January 2017, Wednesday|
|All qualifications except:
||28 February 2017, Tuesday||3 March 2017, Friday|
|STPMIndian Standard 12 (CBSE, ISCE and Stateboards)||31 March 2017, Friday||3 April 2017, Monday|
You would be considered an international applicant if you are neither a Singapore Citizen nor Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) and not presenting the qualifications listed below:
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE A level
- Diploma from a Polytechnic in Singapore
- International Baccalaureate
- NUS High School Diploma
Admission requirements and closing dates
If you are an international applicant seeking admission to NUS, you should have completed or are completing high school, that is, at least twelve years of general education by July of the year of application. You may view the list of acceptable high school qualifications and applicant group types in the table below.
Please ensure that you select the correct qualification and applicant group type before submitting an online application.
Applicant Group type to choose:
- If you have completed high school final examination, please select ‘I have completed the high school final examination’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
- If you are sitting for the high school final examination and results will be available after application closing date, please select ‘I will be completing the high school final examination after application closing date’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
Application closing dates apply according to your high school qualification. Unless otherwise specified, your complete application with all supporting documents must reach the Office of Admissions by the application closing date.
- ‘A’ Level (AQA, Cambridge, Edexcel, London, OCR, Oxford International AQA)
- American High School Diploma
- Australian High School
- Brunei ‘A’ Level
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- Danish Studentereksamen (Upper Secondary Leaving Examination)
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- French Baccalaureate Diploma
- Gao Kao or PRC National College Entrance Examination
- German Abitur
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)/ Hong Kong ‘A’ Level
- Indian Standard 12 (Central and ISCE Boards)
- Indian Standard 12 (State and other Boards)
- Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)/Ebtanas
- Italian Diploma di Esame di Stato
- Mauritius High School Certificate
- New Zealand National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Level 3
- Oman Thanawiya Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) / Canadian Pre-U
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- Sri Lanka ‘A’ Level
- Swiss Matura/ Swiss Federal Maturity Certificate
- Turkish High School
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
- Other High School Qualifications
Students, including home study students, may submit the following scores to compete for undergraduate admissions:
i. ACT with Writing and SAT Subject Tests, or
ii. SAT and SAT Subject Tests, or
iii. Advanced Placement score report
For more information, click here.
Applicants presenting accredited Diplomas obtained from a Polytechnic in Singapore should apply under Polytechnic Diplomas from Singapore in February 2017.
Students presenting the Foundation, Matriculation or Twinning qualifications with appropriate university exam results may also apply and compete for admission to NUS.
Application outcomes are released in batches. The final batch of application outcomes will released around mid-July 2017.