Nanyang Technological University (NTU) 2018-2019 Admissions : International & Other Qualifications
You must have completed at least 12 years of general education or will be taking High School national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
Submission of IELTS or TOEFL or SAT (previously known as SAT Reasoning Test or SAT 1) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) or ACT with Writing or Ameson English scores are only compulsory for applicants
with PRC Gao Kao qualification (i.e. applicants who will be taking Gao Kao in June 2018 and those who have already taken Gao Kao) OR
who do not take up English language in Junior and Senior High School or taken English language only as a 2ndlanguage.
Minimum Subject Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, you must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements for the programmes you apply. Check the minimum subject requirements of the programme you wish to apply.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
All Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents applying for admission must fulfil any one of the following minimum requirements under MOE mother tongue policy:
- a grade D7 for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level; or
- a pass in MTL ‘B’ or a grade S for H1 MTL or H2 MTL Language and Literature or General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level; or
- a pass in MTL A: Literature or MTL A: Language and Literature or Language B MTL at Standard or Higher Level at IB Diploma; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-in-lieu*; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-exemption*.
Students who have not satisfied the requirement above may still apply for admission with no prejudice to their application. Admission will be on a provisional basis and students are required to attain the MTL within the period of their University study.
* For students who have been away from Singapore’s school system for some years, the University will submit the application for MTL-in-lieu or MTL-exemption on your behalf if you are offered admission. MOE does not accept direct applications.
NTU Entrance Examinations
Applicants with qualifications as deemed fit by the university may be required to sit for an NTU Entrance Examination before a final decision on admission can be made. Please click here for more information.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
|Type Of Costs||Estimated Amount (S)|
|Accommodation (On-campus)||S$250 – S$580*|
|Transport, Books & Personal Expenses||S$350|
|Total||S$900 – S$1230|
The Office of Admissions & Financial Aid does not engage any 3rd party agent / organization / company to represent the university or work with any 3rd party agent / organization / company to enrol full-time undergraduate students. All undergraduate admission related correspondences, notifications and e-mails are only sent by authorised personnel from the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid. For information on applications and admissions, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application to undergraduate programmes is done online at the comfort of your home or anywhere else you prefer. There is no hard-copy application form. You will receive a confirmation email with your application number after you have successfully submitted the application form.
Types of Application Forms & Deadlines
Click on the appropriate link showing your qualification to submit an application. Only one electronic application form corresponds to your high school qualification can be submitted. Existing students with more than one acceptable high school qualifications and wish to be considered for admission with all the available qualifications should apply using the application form that shows the first qualification they have received. The University reserves the right to reject application submitted after the deadline using a wrong form.
Students with actual high school graduation / national examination results available after April will not be eligible to apply for the LKCMedicine programme.
 A good pass in E1119 English or MUET or SAT or TOEFL or IELTS is compulsory if applying for scholarships and/or non-Engineering/non-Science programmes except Chinese programme.
 Applicants awaiting actual results are required to key in their actual results and upload their results slip online under ‘Provide Actual Results’ at ‘Check Status’ link within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be given before the actual results are available.
 You are strongly encouraged to authorise IBO to release your results directly to NTU. Please check with your IB School Counsellor for assistance or refer to http://www.ibo.org/informationfor/alumni/transcripts/ for details.
 You must have taken at least 4 subjects in a single sitting in ‘A’ (A2) Level or Cambridge Pre-U or a combination of both. Students with only 3 subjects are not precluded from applying. Such applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have re-sat for any subject in STPM may upload their revised overall STPM results even after the document submission deadline or as a supporting document for their online appeal via Check Status link.
Pay Application fee
The application fee payable is USD30 /SGD30 (by bank draft), or SGD20 (discounted price for internet payment only) for international applicants. Fee is SGD10 for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. The fee is non-refundable and payable whether your application is ultimately successful or not. Payment by postal order (except Singapore Post postal order), electronic bank transfer or Western Union money transfer is not acceptable.
Payment may be made by one of the following methods:
- Internet Payment (VISA/MasterCard).
- Bank draft made payable to ‘Nanyang Technological University’ with name and application number written on the back of the bank draft. The original bank draft must be sent by post to NTU.
- DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore only.
Submission of Supporting Documents
You are required to submit the required supporting documents by the deadline to complete your application. Failing which, your application will be treated as null and void. The documents required for submission can be found in the Checklist after application at the ‘Application Tracking Page’. The page can be accessed again via Check Statuslink. The documents include:
- Passport particulars page. Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents must provide Singapore Identity Card or NS Identity Card (along with copy of passport particular page or birth certificate if colour of IC is not reflected in NS Identity Card) if serving Full-time National Service. International applicants without passport may submit birth certificate or personal Identity Card;
- *High school results slip/certificate/Diploma, e.g. American High School Diploma and transcript, GCE ‘A’ Level Statement of Results & Certificate, Indonesia SMA Rapor Sekolah & SMA UAN, India Standard 12, International Baccalaureate Diploma, Malaysia STPM, Malaysia UEC, PRC Gao Kao/Gao 1, 2 & 3 results slip, Vietnam Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong (Tam Thoi);
- Secondary school results slip or certificate, e.g. GCE ‘O’ Level, India Standard 10, Malaysia SPM & E1119;
- University academic transcripts (for current or former university student only);
- TOEFL, SAT, IELTS or PTE Academic or ACT with Writing (if applicable);
- International Olympiad Award Certificate (if applicable).
*Students’ awaiting final results should provide the actual results within 3 days after the release date. The certified copy of the result slip or results downloaded from official website should be uploaded online atCheck Status link.
Please use only one of the following methods (preferably by uploading) for submission:
1. By Uploading Online
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the uploading feature (except for the additional documents required for the Art, Design & Media (ADM) programme) as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application. Uploading of scanned image from original result slip/certificate in its original colour is acceptable. Photocopies of academic results must be certified by your school teachers/principal or any gazetted officers before uploading. You WILL NOT need to mail your documents after uploading them. Submission through email is not acceptable. If you are admitted, you will then be required to produce the original copy of the uploaded document for verification.
Please take note of the following when uploading the documents to the Checklist (contact us email@example.com if you need assistance):
- Ensure that the documents are scanned in its original colour.
- Ensure that the scanned files are in Winword (insert image file, copy & paste is not acceptable) or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Ensure that all items listed under ‘Compulsory Submission’ are uploaded.
- After complete uploading, click on the ‘Confirm’ button at the bottom of the page to declare complete uploading of documents. Only complete applications will be processed.
- If you are awaiting final results, you must also click the ‘Confirm’ button after complete uploading of the available documents. Uploading of final results can be done later but within 3 days after the results release date and the link for uploading can be found at the Check Status link.Note: Ensure that you have uploaded ALL required/available documents BEFORE you click the ‘Confirm’ button as you will not be able to access the Checklist again once the button is clicked.
2. By Post or Hand Delivery
If you are unable to upload the required documents, please print the Checklist, clip as cover page of your documents for submission to the following address. You should write your application number on the top right hand corner of all documents and top left hand corner of the envelope. All academic results must be certified by your school teachers/principal or any gazetted officers before posting. DO NOT send original certificates and documents.
Office of Admissions & Financial Aid
Nanyang Technological University
Student Services Centre, Level 3
42 Nanyang Avenue
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme
You are required to complete the following at ‘Tracking Page’ after submitting the online application form. You may access the page again through the Check Status link.
- Forward to two referees, the instructions to complete the online appraisal report, no later than 3 working days after the application closing date.
- Complete the detailed Criminal Records Declaration.
Submission of Application Documents for Art, Design & Media Programme:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your choices of study. The Checklist (this is a separate Checklist, printable at Check Status link, under items – Additional Supporting Documents for Art, Design & Media programme) must be printed as the cover for the submission and the required materials must be hand delivered, or sent by courier service or using standard mail to reach us within 1 week after the closing date of application for admission. No work will be accepted if sent by email attachment.
Please refer to the NTU School of Art, Design & Media website for specific submission instructions and details.
At this Check Status link, you are able to:
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents.
- Pay application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Check your documents submission status, application fee payment status.
- Update choices of your programmes, your contact information.
- Submit scholarship online application form.
- Check application outcome.
We do not email an applicant on receipt of the supporting documents. Applicants are required to track their submission online.
Do note that the application outcome is estimated to be released during the period stated in ‘Estimated Application Outcome’ column.
|International Qualifications/ Admission Requirements||Shortlisting For Entrance Exam||Estimated Application Outcome ||Appeal Period|
|American High School Diploma||–||Mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|Australia NSW HSC / Western Australia TEE / Victoria Cert of Education / Tasmania HSC / Queensland OP / South Australia Matriculation||Mid Apr 2018
(if applicable, for students who study outside Australia only)
|Mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|Canada Ontario Secondary School Diploma/British Columbia High School and equivalent||Mid Apr 2018
(if applicable, for students who study outside Canada only)
|Mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|French Baccalaureate||–||Mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE)||–||End Apr – end Jun 2018||TBA|
|India Standard 12||–||End Jun 2018||TBA|
|Indonesian SMA Ujian Akhir Nasional (UAN)||Early Jan 2018||Mid Mar – end Jun 2018||TBA|
|International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma ||–||End Apr – end Jul 2018||TBA
|Malaysia Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)||–||End Apr – end Jun 2018||TBA|
|Malaysia Unified Examination Certificate(UEC)||–||Early Feb – end Jun 2018||TBA|
|Mauritius High School Certificate (HSC)||–||End Jun – mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|Myanmar Matriculation Exam||Mid Apr 2018||End Jun – mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|NUS High School Diploma||–||Check here||–|
|Philippines High School Certificate (HSC)||Mid Apr 2018||End Jun – mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|PRC National College Entrance Exam (NCEE)||–||Mid Mar 2018
(Notified whether invited or not invited for admission interview held in early April. Interview outcome will be known by June 2018)
|Sri Lanka A-Level Certificate||–||Mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|Thai Mathayom 6||Mid Apr 2018||End Jun – mid Jul 2018||TBA|
|UK A-Level certificates/Cambridge Pre-U||–||End Jun 2018(Applicants sitting 2018 Jun ‘A’ Level exams will be notified outcome in Aug 2018)||TBA|
|A-Level (Brunei / Hong Kong) ||–||End Jun 2018(Applicants sitting 2018 Jun ‘A’ Level exams will be notified outcome in Aug 2018)||TBA|
|Vietnam High School Graduation Certificate||Early Jan 2018||Mar – end Jun 2018||TBA|
|All other international qualifications not listed above (including South Korean Scholastic Exams, German Abitur, Turkish High School, New Zealand NCEA, Bangladesh HSC, Pakistan HSC, Iran High School Certificate, etc)||Mid Apr 2018
|Mid Jul 2018||TBA|
Click here for FAQs on IB Diploma.
 If your actual A Level results are released in August 2018, the outcome will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of your actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 day from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 The outcome of IB Diploma applicants sitting for May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 The outcome of HKDSE applicants sitting for Apr/May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. Actual results must be submitted within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April. If you did not receive an invitation for the MMI in early April, it will deem that your application for the Medicine programme is unsuccessful.
If you are matriculating in Academic Year 2017-18, proceed to complete the enrolment procedures as displayed in theonline acceptance link and click on the relevant link below for the summary of the admission procedures applicable to you.
- International Students (Last modified on 10 July 2017)
- Singaporean & Singapore Permanent residents matriculating in Academic Year 2017-18 (Last modified on 10July 2017)
- Returning National Servicemen (RNS) with a place reserved for Academic Year 2017-18 (Last modified on 10July 2017)
Please ensure that your contact numbers and email address are valid. If there is any change, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org immediately as various confirmations such as Hall allocation notifications will be sent to you via email only.
Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents (serving full-time national service) matriculating after Academic Year 2017-18 will receive an acknowledgement email in September/October of the acceptance. A confirmation email will be sent subsequently in December prior to the year of matriculation. If there is a change in your email, please update us, quoting your application number, via email to email@example.com
Verification of Original Documents
The exercise will be conducted in the first semester of study, sometime in mid-September/ early October. All matriculated students with provision of international qualifications during application are required to appear for the exercise, regardless of their nationality.
Details on the date and venue for the verification will be sent to student’s NTU email account closer to the verification period.
The University reserves the right to expel students who fail to report for the exercise or unable to produce the original documents provided at application or the official Certificate/Transcript/Result slip.
|Before You Apply||Apply||After You Apply||After Accepting Offer|
– Minimum Subject
– Entry Requirements by
– NTU Entrance
– Special Medical
Conditions to noteFees
|Use the Correct Application Form & Observe Deadline
Pay Application FeeUpload Supporting Documents at Checklist Page
Complete Application for LKCMedicine programme(if applicable)
Apply for Scholarship
Submit Actual Results within 3 days when available
Student’s Pass Application
Check on/Update of English Proficiency (if applicable)
Upload of High School Official Results Certificate/Transcript
Click here for FAQs on IB Diploma.