Nanyang Technological University chemistry
Our accreditated chemical Engineering (CBE) and Bioengineering (BIE) programs offers you a world class curriculum that is innovative and integrated, so that students can experience a holistic educational experience and able to thrive in the following ways:
- we offer a well-rounded chemical engineering or bioengineering training with exposure to a dynamic curriculum and industrial attachment, to give you the competitive edge to be a leaders in the future to solve real-world, multi-disciplinary issues;
- we empower you to succeed in today’s modern chemical engineering or bioengineering industries with unique opportunities that will provide you with the entrepreneurship skills in the interface between engineering and the business world to make commercial decisions that will fast track your career;
- we nurture your creativity in a stimulating and research focussed environment with the use of our specialised engineering design studio so that you can realise your potential to be an independent and innovative designer.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Bioengineering
- Masters of Engineering (M.Eng) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Masters of Engineering (M.Eng) in Bioengineering
The periods of candidature are as follows:
|Candidature||Masters Of Engineering (M.Eng)||Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D.)|
|Full-Time (Year)||Part-Time (Year)||Full-Time (Year)||Part-Time (Year)|
|||Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering||Bioengineering|
|Coursework Requirement (Ph.D)|
|Coursework Requirement (M.Eng)|
|Coursework Subjects|| CH core subjects|
CH elective subjects
|BG core subjects|
BG elective subjects
|Possible areas of research|
The general entry qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. and M.Eng programmes are:
- A good bachelor’s degree in areas related to chemical and biomedical engineering and
- Good GRE/GATE (for Indian applicants) and TOEFL scores. In countries where GRE/GATE and TOEFL are unavailable, representatives from the School may travel to these countries to conduct Technical Proficiency Tests / English Proficiency Tests and interviews with potential candidates.
The University offers attractive research scholarships to candidates with outstanding academic results pursuing full-time Ph.D programme. The scholarship covers the research fees and other university-related fees and includes a monthly stipend.
Applications for admission must be submitted online through here.
Postgraduate programme enquiries:
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
N1.2, 62 Nanyang Drive Singapore 637459
Tel: +65 6513 8146 / +65 6592 7588
Fax: +65 6794 7553