MOE Teaching Scholarship
The Ministry of Education Teaching Scholarships (MOE TS) is awarded for undergraduate studies tenable at both overseas and local universities. MOE TS scholars will be given opportunities to hold senior positions in teaching, leadership or senior specialist roles.
- Singapore citizens, or Singapore Permanent Residents who take up Singapore citizenship before departure for studies
- Good character, strong leadership qualities and keen passion for education
- Excellent Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
COURSE OF STUDY
- Art and Music
- Physical Education and Sports
- Social Sciences
PLACES OF STUDY
Scholars will have the opportunity to study in some of the most renowned and reputable universities overseas and locally.
VALUE OF AWARDS
- Sponsorship of tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and pre-studies allowance
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Developmental programmes during undergraduate studies (e.g. school attachment)
- Sponsorship for approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Sponsorship of Master’s degree (if requirements are met)
- Sponsorship of Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) teacher preparation programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE), after completion of first degree
LENGTH OF BOND
Scholars who pursue their studies overseas in English-speaking countries are required to serve a 6-year bond while scholars pursuing studies overseas in non-English speaking countries are required to serve a 5-year bond. Scholars who pursue their studies locally are required to serve a 4-year bond.
Scholars who are not pursuing the Bachelor of Arts/Science (Education) course at the National Institute of Education (NIE) will be required to go through the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) course at NIE upon completion of their undergraduate studies. They will serve a 3-year bond after completing their PGDE course, concurrently with their scholarship bond.
Students who are interested in a PSC or MOE Teaching Scholarship should submit their applications online via the PSC Gateway. The online application opens on 1st September and usually closes 10 days after the release of the ‘A’ Level results. For current undergraduates, application opens on 1st September and closes on 30th Apr. You will need to check the PSC Gateway during the release of the GCE ‘A’ Level results for the exact application deadline.