E. W. Barker Scholarship
Donors of the E.W. Barker Scholarship fund aim to nurture talented and committed individuals in their pursuit of undergraduate studies in the areas of sport management, and sport and exercise science. The scholarship offered is for the pursuit of BSc (Hons) in Sport Science & Management at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) only.
- Open to Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate Sport Science & Management Programme in NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, Singapore Sports School AUT Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or IB Diploma qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
|The E. W. Barker Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration of the undergraduate studies on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- One-off award of S$8,000 per academic year.
- No bond is attached to the E.W. Barker Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- Scholarship holder may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or loans.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder’s progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
|The same application period as that for admission applies. Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates.
Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for scholarship.
- The scholarship application form can be found at the link ‘Application for Scholarship’ at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, you can login here to access the scholarship application form.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. Your school teacher is to submit the online appraisal to us within 7 days of your scholarship application.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified regarding an interview.