DAS Academy Singapore Certificate in Understanding Speech and Language Impairment 2018
Second Run: 18, 25 Aug 2018, 9.30am to 6.00pm
Public : $695.50
DAS Parents : $625.95
Also known as the “Understanding Speech and Language Impairment” module in the Specialist Diploma in SpLD
This course aims to provide participants with an understanding of learners with Speech and Language Impairment and their learning needs. Participants will be provided the theoretical knowledge of speech and language, and the typical developmental milestones from birth to adulthood. Participants will also gain greater understanding of the effects on learners’ receptive and expressive language, social, emotional and behavioural needs, as well as learning in a classroom. Participants will learn about setting appropriate goals and incorporating these strategies in their classroom teaching practice. Case studies will also be provided to allow more opportunities for participants to apply knowledge and suggest strategies for practice.
- Behaviour and learning styles
- Case studies and individual targets
- Lesson Planning – strategies for whole class teaching to accommodate the learner with Speech and Language Impairment
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
In-class Open Book Written Test (during last session)
Note: Assessment is compulsory for students in the Specialist Diploma in SpLD
- A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded to participants who attain at least 75% attendance and successfully pass the assessment.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who attain at least 75% attendance but do not wish to undertake the assessment.