Catholic Junior College JAE Appeal 2019
Appeal for admission to Catholic Junior College will be based on merit. All applicants have to meet the college’s cut-off points before they submit their appeals through the college online appeal portal. Eligible appeals will be given consideration, subject to available vacancies and college’s admission criteria.
2019 Appeal Procedure
Interested students may apply through the following:
- General Appeal – Students who wish to appeal through academic results.
- CCA Appeal – Students who wish to appeal through CCA must have represented school and achieved minimum top 4 in Zonal/National, SYF participation (accomplishment and distinction) or any other equivalent competitions (with equivalent results) for the CCA. Please refer to Table 2 for the list of CCAs.
The timeframe for the appeal process is given in Table 1.
Table 1: Timeframe for Appeal Process
|Type of Appeal||Online Registration||Submission of Documents|
The application process is as follows:
Complete the online application form via the Online Registration portal HERE. (The portal will beavailable only from 31 Jan 2019, 6.00am)
Print a copy of the Online Registration Appeal Form after your online submission.
Submit the printed Online Registration Appeal Form and a photocopy of all supporting documents personally to the college within the time frame indicated in Table 1.
The supporting documents include:
1) Form A (which was issued to you together with your results slip)
2) Posting slip
3) ‘O’ Level, Sec 3, Sec 4 exam results (Please bring along the original documents for verification)
4) JAE Verification slip (showing 1st, 2nd, 3rd JC choices)
5) CCA certificates
6) Optional: Testimonials and referral letters
Late or incomplete submission will not be considered.
Additional Information for CCA Appeal
- Only shortlisted students will be called for trials/auditions.
- Students are reminded to be punctual for trials/auditions and are required to be in their Secondary School sports attire or school uniform.
- Having granted a trial/audition does not mean that the CCA appeal has been successful.
Table 2: Relevant CCAs
|Physical Sports||Performing Arts|
● Ten-pin Bowling
● Track & Field / Cross Country
● Drama (English)
● Guitar Ensemble
● Symphonic band
|● Oratorical Society (Debates & Public Speaking)
● Shortlisted students will be invited for interview.
● Final decision will be made by the Interview Panel after the interview.
● Successful applicants will be notified by call or SMS by 12 Feb 2019, 1400hrs.