Apply to NTU : 2017-18 Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
You are a Polytechnic Diploma Holder or a Final Year Student from a local polytechnic in Singapore.
- You should have a relevant diploma from a local polytechnic in Singapore (see List of Acceptable Diplomas below).
- If you have a Diploma with Merit or Diploma with Distinction, you may apply for any programme in NTU, regardless your diploma (except for LKCMedicine Programme).
- If you are a graduating student at one of the local polytechnics, you may apply with your cumulative first 5 semesters results. If you meet the admissions criteria, you will receive an offer. You are still required to submit your final semester results as a proof that you have graduated from the diploma course.
You are presenting a diploma from
- One of the five local polytechnics in Singapore namely:
Ø Nanyang PolytechnicØ Republic PolytechnicØ Temasek Polytechnics
- Ø Singapore Polytechnic
- Ø Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
- LASALLE College of the Arts
- BCA Academy
- Singapore Sports School – Auckland University of Technology (Diploma in Sports Management & Exercise Science only)
Computation of University Score
|GCE ‘O’ Level Results||20%|
Applicants who have not taken the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examinations are also welcome to submit their application for admission. Applicants will be assessed based on their polytechnic results and any other academic or non-academic achievements presented for admission. Applicants may also be assessed by other additional means, such as interviews and tests.
Additional Subject Requirements
Some programmes may have additional subject requirements:
- Applicants for Nanyang Business School programmes
Mathematics skills are essential for entry into Nanyang Business School (NBS).
Polytechnic applicants are therefore required to take a NTU Mathematics elective upon admission to NBS if- Applicants do not have ‘O’ level Additional Mathematics
- Grade obtained for ‘O’ level Additional Mathematics is C6 or belowSuccessful polytechnic applicants who do not meet the minimum Mathematics requirement above will be advised on the registration for the Mathematics elective upon matriculation into the University.
- Applicants for other NTU undergraduate degree programmes
Please refer to the footnote under the List of Acceptable Diplomas for details on the additional subject requirements for the respective degree programmes.
List of Acceptable Diplomas
Click here to find out more information on the programmes that you can apply based on your diploma.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
Discretionary Admissions (DA)
Applicants with exception talents and/or outstanding achievements beyond schools’ co-curricular activities can be considered, subject to a minimum level of academic competence, for admissions under Discretionary Admissions (DA). To qualify, applicants must provide details on their achievements, an essay of not more than 300 words under the DA section of the application form and submit at least 1 (maximum 2) appraisal online to support their applications by the stipulated deadline. Shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview and present relevant supporting documents for verification.
To learn more about Discretionary Admissions, click here.
Candidates who are at least 25 years of age with at least 4 years of working experience (after graduation from polytechnic) as at 1st July of the admission year may apply for admission as Mature Applicants.
To qualify as a mature applicant, you are required to submit a Personal Statement of not more than 200 words and 2 Referee Reports from at least one employer. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Tuition Grant (TG) Eligibility for Current or Former Students of NTU, NUS, SMU, SUTD, Poly-FSI, SIT, NAFA-RCM and LASALLE-Goldsmiths
Under the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) TG policy, subsidised full-time undergraduate students who transfer or re-admit within or across NTU (Nanyang Technological University), NUS (National University of Singapore), SMU (Singapore Management University), SUTD (Singapore University of Technology & Design), Poly-FSI (Polytechnic-Foreign Specialised Institution), SIT (Singapore Institute of Technology), NAFA-RCM (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts-Royal College of Music) or LASALLE-Goldsmiths (LASALLE College of the Arts-Goldsmiths College) are eligible for TG up to the normal programme duration for the new programme less the number of semesters of TG received for the previous programmes. E.g. a student who has availed 2 semesters of TG in his previous programme is therefore eligible for 4 semesters of TG (starting from Semester 1) for his new programme with a normal duration of 6 semesters.
Students who hold/obtain a degree or higher qualification through subsidy or sponsorship by the Singapore Government will NOT be eligible for TG to pursue a second programme of the same or lower level.
Learn more about Tuition Grant.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit application form
- Step 2: Pay application fee
- Step 3: Submit supporting documents
- Step 4: Update/track progress of application
Step 1: Submit application form
Application to undergraduate programmes is done online by submitting an electronic application form during the application period. You are required to submit only one (1) electronic application form. There is no hard-copy application form.
NEW Implied choice scheme. Applicants choosing any programme with a second major will also be considered for its corresponding programme with no second major, in a manner succeeding any of the 1st to 5th choices if selected in the application form, and if they have not been earlier selected as one of the five choices. For example, an applicant indicated 1st choice Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering with a second major in Food Science & Technology, 2nd choice Mechanical Engineering and no other choices; he will be considered for Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering with a second major in Food Science & Technology, Mechanical Engineering, followed by Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. If the applicant wishes to be considered Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering over Mechanical Engineering, he should therefore indicate Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering as a second choice. To find out more about this new scheme, click here.
Your online application has been submitted successfully if
- an Application Status Menu showing your application number and a summary of application items required to be completed by you is generated, and
- an acknowledgment of your application is forwarded to your email address(es) you have provided in the online application form. Please provide a valid email address as your application outcome will be notified through email. You are strongly encouraged to add email@example.com as a trusted email address to avoid our emails going to the junk folder. For Hotmail account users, click here for the steps.
Take note of the unique application number assigned to you and keep the acknowledgement message as proof of application.
At the Application Status Menu, you may proceed to complete the application items required. You will be able to access and view the same page again and continue to complete the necessary items via the Check Status link above using your application number and password. Applicants who wish to apply for Scholarships may proceed to submit an application via the Application Status Menu.Applicants selecting Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices are also required to submit the online “Application for Teacher” form to MOE.
Please note that your application cannot be processed until the application fee and required supporting documents are received within the stipulated deadlines.
To apply, click on the Apply Now link located at the beginning of the page.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
Application Fee is S$10. Payment can be made using one of the following methods:
- Internet Payment by VISA or MasterCard at the Application Status Menu
- Via DBS/POSB Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Singapore
- Via cashier’s order/bank draft made payable to ‘Nanyang Technological University’ and mailed to
Read the payment instructions available at the Application Status Menu and decide on your preferred and appropriate payment option. Learn more about the payment modes and instructions.
To understand how to generate Bill Reference Number for payment via DBS/POSB ATM, please click here for the screenshots.
Step 3: Submit Supporting Documents.
The documents required for submission (if applicable) can be found in the Checklist after application.
If there is/are no link(s) provided for you to upload the relevant documents, this means you are not required to submit any documents for verifications at the moment. If we require more information from you, we will contact you via email or your contact number.
You are strongly encouraged to make use of the uploading feature (except for the additional documents required for the Art, Design & Media (ADM) programme) as it saves cost and speeds up the processing of your application.
Please refer to the sample formats by clicking on the following respective links. You are to upload the results from earliest examination date to latest examination date; i.e. from 1st semester – 6th semester (if applicable).
- SPM (E1119)
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
To upload your documents (if applicable) to the Checklist, please take note of the following:
- Ensure that the documents are scanned in its original colors and in upright orientation.
- Ensure that the scanned files are in JPEG or PDF format.
- Save all pages of the same document to one file and then upload the file to the same location as one item. Each upload should not exceed 5 MB.
- Ensure that you have selected the right file to the correct location for uploading as no re-uploading is allowed and there will be no option for viewing the uploaded file after uploading.
- Submission of documents must be completed by the stipulated deadlines. Only complete applications will be processed.
- You will not need to mail your documents after uploading them. Submission through email is not acceptable.
- If you encounter any issues uploading your file (s) while using the Internet Explorer browser, you may wish to use other browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari.
Additional Submission Package for Art, Design & Media Programme:
It is compulsory to submit the required materials as determined by the School of Art, Design & Media for admission assessment if Art, Design & Media is one of your programme choices. The additional submission package for ADM must reach us by the stipulated deadline. Online uploading is not applicable. Work sent by email attachment is not acceptable.
Click here for the instructions of the submission package and details of the Document Drop box located at Level 1, Student Services Centre (next to SASD Lobby).
Please refer to the NTU School of Art, Design & Media website for the requirements for submission of ADM package.
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme:
Applicants who have chosen Medicine as their choice will be required to complete their application and upload the additional supporting documents required by the programme at the Application Tracking Page (via the Check Status link). (See Step 4 Item 10 below for more information.)
Step 4: Update/Track Progress of Application
By accessing or re-login to the Application Status Menu (via the Check Status link) you can:
- Pay your application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents (where applicable).
- View and Check your application fee payment status and supporting documents submission status.
- View and Make Changes to your programme choices before the application closing date.
- View your contact information. For changes in contact information, please update us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important you update/inform any changes in your contact information for proper communication with the University.
- Update or Submit (if you have not applied earlier) your Non-Academic Achievements/Discretionary Criteria admissions application before closing date.
- Update or Submit (if you have not applied earlier) scholarship application before closing date.
- For mature applicants only: View and Check your personal statement and referee reports submission status.
- For applicants who have chosen Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices: Submit the online application for teacher form to MOE before closing date.
- For applicants who have chosen Medicine as one of their choices: Complete application for the LKCMedicine programme by
- Revising/Confirming BMAT Number and Personal Statement
- Completing two online Reference Reports
- Performing Criminal Records Declaration
Note: If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April 2017.
Offer & Acceptance
If you are offered admission, you may proceed to accept and secure your offer via the acceptance portal by the stipulated deadline.
If you are not offered admission or your choice of programme, you may make an appeal during the online appeal exercise. If successful, proceed to accept the offer with the instruction given.
If you have accepted the offer and are matriculating in the Academic Year 2017-18, you will receive from mid June an email directing you to the freshmen portal which contains detailed information on enrolment. Please proceed to complete from mid June the enrolment procedures as displayed on the NTU Online Acceptance Form.
You are to refer to the detailed instructions and procedures, and make use of the forms provided in the Freshmen Guide.
Note to successful applicants (Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents serving full-time national service) matriculating only after the Academic Year 2017-18:
If you are matriculating only after Academic Year 2017-18, you will receive an acknowledgement letter in September/October (of the year of application) for the programme you have accepted.
Keep the letter as proof of acceptance and remember your application number for future correspondence. A confirmation letter will be sent to you subsequently via email in DECEMBER prior to the year of your matriculation. Please email to email@example.com (quoting your application number) if there is a change in your mailing address, email address and telephone number(s).
Note to Returning National Servicemen (RNS) with a place reserved for Academic Year 2017-18:
Click here to find out medical examination information for your admission to AY2017-18. If you are unable to matriculate in AY2017-18, download the Form for Returning National Servicemen, complete and return it to us by the stipulated date.
If you have completed your full-time National Service and wish to matriculate earlier during the Special Term in May/June 2017, please click
Important Dates and Deadlines to Note:
|Admissions Stages||Event Actions||Dates / Deadlines|
|Application for Admission||Online Application||1 – 21 February 2017|
|Change of programme choices||by 21 February 2017|
|Payment of application fee||by 24 February 2017|
|Submission of Art, Design & Media (ADM) assignments||by 21 February 2017|
|Online application for teacher form to MOE (only applicable to applicants selecting Arts (Education) and/or Science (Education) as one of their choices)||by 21 February 2017|
|Submission of Non-Academic Achievements/Discretionary criteria appraisal form||by 24 February 2017|
|Online submission of supporting documents||by 24 February 2017|
|Submission of personal statement and 2 referee reports (for mature applicants only)||by 24 February 2017|
|Completion of Application for LKCMedicine programme|
1. Update/Submission of Personal Statement
2. Criminal Records Declaration
3. Submission of two Online Reference Reports
|1. by 21 February 2017|
2. by 21 February 2017
3. by 24 February 2017
|Scholarship Application||Online Application||by 21 February 2017|
|Submission of photograph and appraisal form||by 28 February 2017|
|Offer and Acceptance||Offer/Release of application result||From Mid March 2017|
|Acceptance of offer (1st Window)||2 January – 25 May 2017|
|Online appeal of application result||13 May – 28 May 2017|
|Acceptance of offer (2nd Window)||03 June – 18 June 2017|
|After Acceptance||Online Matriculation||Click here for details|
|Qualifying English Test (QET)||Click here for details|
|Freshmen Welcome Ceremony||Click here for details|
For admissions matters and enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for FAQ on Diplomas from polytechnics in Singapore.