The Abang Scholarship was established to support deserving students pursuing full-time undergraduate degree programmes at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Have achieved good academic results as the Institute may in its sole discretion determine.
- Have a good record in volunteering.
- Preference will be given to students with a household Per Capita Income (PCI) that satisfies the Institute’s criteria for financial assistance.
- Preference will be given to students who are deemed by the Institute as more financially needy and who are in danger of withdrawing/deferring from their studies due to financial difficulties.
- Preference will be given to financially disadvantaged Malay students.
Benefits and Obligation of Scholarship
- Each Scholarship, valued at $10,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Scholarship shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, or expenses related to approved regional study trips or educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Scholarship may continue to receive this scholarship in a subsequent year of study, provided that good academic results are maintained, and with the recommendation of the Institute and the selection by the Selection Committee.
About the Donor
The Scholarship is made possible by a gift from an anonymous donor, who hopes to provide aid to financially needy but deserving students in the same way that an elder brother (or Abang in Malay) would willingly offer help to a sibling in the family.
Application dates & instructions can be found here.