SLA Undergraduate (Mid-Term) Scholarship
SLA UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP (FULL-TERM / MID-TERM)
(Local scholarship is also open to those who are currently pursuing a degree at the local universities)
- Singapore Citizen
- Excellent academic results (A-level, International Baccalaureate)
- Outstanding university results (for current undergraduates)
- Active participation in Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) with strong leadership qualities
- Be medically fit
Course of Study
The scholarship is tenable for all courses of study except medicine and dentistry. Successful applicants are not allowed to change their course of study without SLA’s prior approval.
Successful applicants for the SLA Local Scholarship Award are required to stay in the university hostels for at least one academic year.
Successful applicants will serve SLA for a period of 4 years for the local undergraduate scholarship.
Value of Award
The local scholarship covers Tuition and Compulsory Fees, Maintenance, Hostel and Pre-Studies Allowances.
Student Exchange Programme
SLA scholars are encouraged to participate in the overseas Student Exchange Programme offered by the university. Allowances will be covered in accordance with the scholarship policy.
- Suitable candidates may be offered an internship at SLA to provide them the opportunity to experience the work at SLA and to assess their performance before a scholarship offer.
- Scholars will also intern with SLA at least once during their studies.
There will be a comprehensive learning and development programme that includes the opportunity for exposure to different functional areas and projects.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview will be required to undergo psychometric testing.
- 1st Intake (based on school preliminary exam results) – 31 Dec 2016
Selection interviews in mid-Jan 2017
- 2nd Intake – 2 weeks after the release of GCE ‘A’ Levels Exam results
Selection interviews in Apr 2017