PSC ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP IN SINGAPORE
BECOME AN EXPERT IN YOUR FIELD
AND LEAD DEFENCE & SECURITY INNOVATIONS
The PSC Scholarship (Engineering) – Defence and Security is launched starting from the 2017 scholarships exercise. PSC seeks to award the scholarship to students who have an interest to study and practise engineering in the public service and passion to use their skills to ensure that Singapore continues to be technologically innovative and stays ahead of competition, both regionally and globally.
The scholarship offers a specialised engineering career proposition from the start. The specialised engineering career track allows scholarship holders to develop deep technical capabilities in the Defence and Security cluster in the early part of their careers.
There will be opportunities to work in MINDEF/SAF agencies whose core of business lies in engineering. Scholarship holders will be challenged with technical demands that aim to sharpen their domain skills and hone them into experts of these fields.
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level or International Baccalaureate results, Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
- Good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents intending to take up citizenship
- All MINDEF/SAF scholarships are open for application to both genders
VALUE OF AWARD
- Full tuition fees and other approved academic charges
- Maintenance and other allowances, e.g. books, clothing, computer
- Return airfare
- One-time sponsorship for summer exchange programmes
- Sponsorship for up to 4 years of studies, inclusive of Master’s if applicable
COURSE OF STUDY
You can choose to pursue your studies in any of the following disciplines:
- Aeronautical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical & Electronic, Marine, Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Material Science
- Naval Architecture
The above list is not exhaustive.
TYPE OF ENGINEERING WORK
Oversee the design, operation and maintenance of our national security infrastructure in the defence sector such as:
- Singapore Armed Forces
- Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)
- DSO National Laboratories
- Applicants for the PSC Scholarship (Engineering) – Defence & Security may submit their applications at PSC Gateway
- Under the “Career and Course Preferences” section, please indicate “Public Administration” as the top career choice, and the preferred course of study should correspondingly be an engineering or related discipline.