2017 Primary One Registration Exercise (For Admission to Primary One in 2018)
1. The registration of children for admission to Primary One (P1) classes in 2018 will open from Thursday, 29 June 2017 to Monday, 28 August 2017.
2. All primary schools will open for registration from 8.00 am to 11.00 am and from 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm from Mondays to Fridays during the registration period. The list of primary schools and vacancies available, and the list of registration centres for new, merging and relocating schools, can be found on the P1 Registration website at https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration/.
3. A new school, Fern Green Primary School, will also open for P1 registration this year. It will start operations in 2018.
PRIMARY ONE INTERNET SYSTEM (P1-IS) FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
4. The Primary One Internet System (P1-IS) serves as a channel to facilitate the registration of children during Phase 2C and 2C Supplementary. Parents who do not wish to make an online registration can also go to their school of choice to register in person.
5. To register online via the P1-IS, parents are required to use their SingPass. For a guide on online registration, please refer to https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration/internet-registration-for-phase-2c-and-2c-supplementary. The P1-IS is accessible 24 hours a day during the following periods:
Phase 2C– From 25 July 2017, 9.00 am to 27 July 2017, 4.30 pm; and
Phase 2C Supplementary – From 13 August 2017, 9.00 am to 15 August 2017, 4.30 pm.
6. Parents who intend to use the P1-IS in Phase 2C / 2C Supplementary are advised to set up their SingPass 2FA early if they have not done so. For more information on the 2FA setup, please visit the SingPass FAQ.
7. Under the Compulsory Education Act, Singapore Citizens born after 1 January 1996 and residing in Singapore are required to attend national primary schools. Children born between 2 January 2011 and 1 January 2012 (both dates inclusive), have to be registered at this year’s P1 Registration Exercise for admission to P1 in January 2018.
8. If a child is assessed as being not ready or suitable for P1 on medical grounds, a parent may seek approval from the Compulsory Education Unit for deferment of registration. Application can be made using the relevant form available on the MOE website or by obtaining the form from the MOE Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive Singapore 138675 (Tel: 6872-2220).
9. Any queries on Compulsory Education may be directed to MOE Compulsory Education Unit at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 6778-9356.
10. Parents registering their younger children under Phase 1 may submit the registration form and relevant documents through the older sibling who will be given the form by the school.
11. Non-Singapore Citizen (SC) / Non-Permanent Resident (PR) children born between 2 January 2011 and 1 January 2012 may apply to a school with vacancy during Phase 3 of the Exercise. Admission is not guaranteed as there are limited vacancies remaining for non-SC / non-PR children after places are allocated to SC / PR children. Parents of non-SC / non-PR children are advised to consider alternative educational options well ahead, even as they may decide to register their child during Phase 3 of the P1 Registration Exercise.
ADDRESS USED FOR REGISTRATION
12. The address used in the P1 Registration Exercise should be the parents’ official residential address as reflected on their NRICs. This address will be used to determine the home-school distance, where required for consideration of priority in admissions. The home-school distance priority is given with the expectation that the family will reside at the said address used for registration for the duration of the child’s primary school studies, as it is for the convenience and interest of the child.
13. A child who gains priority admission into a school through the home-school distance category is required to reside at the address used for registration for at least 30 months from the commencement of the P1 Registration Exercise on 29 June 2017. If this condition is not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the priority admission to the first school was based on the declared address used for registration.
14. Any registrant found to have provided false information during the P1 Registration Exercise will be referred to the Police for investigation. A child who is successfully registered in a school based on false information given will be transferred to another school with available vacancies after all eligible children have been registered.
15. Parents can find out more about the documents required for registration, including registration for overseas Singaporeans through the P1 Registration Exercise website at http://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/primary-one-registration/.
16. The dates for the different phases of registration can be found here:
17. Information on the P1 Registration Exercise is also available as an insert of the Primary School Education Booklet, which is distributed to kindergartens and childcare centres. This can also be found at:
18. For the first time this year, parents can also view P1 Registration videos containing tips and further information to prepare them for the registration of their child. The videos are available via this link: